In our Unihabit Interview section, today we will meet Bernat Ortega, 20 years old, who is in the last course of Smart and Sustainable Cities Management. He will give us a glimpse of what our reality is in relation to achieving these smart cities in our country. He will also tell us about his hobbies and we will be able to get to know him better.
- Are we on track to have smart cities in Spain?
We are going very badly.
- What do we need to improve?
We need to improve everything. Mainly in the area of transport and pollution.
- What does the future hold for us in the short term?
At the rate we are going now; a very bad one.
- Do we have any examples to follow?
Here in Spain, we have Sant Cugat, which is one of the countries that is investing the most in terms of equipment to make a smart city. Then we have examples in Nordic countries or Singapore, there are many cities that do take it seriously.
What are the characteristics of a smart city?
In itself: Efficiency, transport and pollution, I would say these are the basic pillars.
- Do you consider online education to be at a good level?
I’ll shut up so you can cut or I have to tell the truth… or we have to look good.
They are trying their best to offer us quality education, but the current infrastructures don’t allow it.
- Do you play an instrument?
Not as an instrument. But I am a DJ. I’ve been DJing and producing since 2015.
- What style of music do you play?
Everything, but if it was for me, I would only play: “The house” or “Techno”.
- What has been your biggest event as a DJ?
It was last year at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, at the “Festónma” where I played in front of ten thousand people.
- What did you feel?
It’s something indescribable. But it’s an incredible feeling of adrenaline and emotion. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who can experience it.
- What is your favourite film?
- If you were a bird of prey, what would you like to be and why?
A bird of prey, for the sensation of freedom and speed.
- Could you identify with any phrase?
If I had to say one, it would be: “Fools blaze the trails that the wise follow”.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I have two main hobbies: anything with an engine in it and music.
- What super power would you like to have?
- Which historical figure would you like to have dinner with?
Aytor Senna, because he is a milestone in motorsport and I would like to talk to him about Formula 1.
- Would you go back in time or would you travel to the future?
To the future, because I would like to know if the work my classmates are going to do is efficient or not.
- What was the last thing you bought online?
- Your favourite day is…
- How long have you been living at Unihabit?
I am starting my third year and when I was looking for residences I saw that it was close to the Autonomous University of Barcelona and seeing the photos I liked it a lot.
- Do you feel comfortable in the residence hall?
This is when I have to say that I don’t like it…. (laughs). Yes, I like it very much, there is a lot of peace and quiet.
- What would you highlight about the residence hall?
Studying my career, the energy efficiency it has.
- Would you recommend living in Unihabit?
Without a doubt, yes.
- Let us give you some advice, Bernat…
Well, don’t give advice to others. “Because I sell advice that I don’t have for myself” or, in other words, don’t give advice.