With the Unihabit Recipe, a world of possibilities and culinary novelties is possible!
The life of the student, usually, is conditioned to the schedules, to untimely days in which almost do not have time or to sleep, in which we swell ourselves to coffees and … we forget to eat correctly because we do not have time! If to all that, we add that many times we do not know how to prepare according to what dish and we tend to throw for buying the easiest … it turns out that in the end WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
If you feel that this is your case, do not worry, since Unihabit we want to help you take care of you and discover little by little how to eat healthy, good and in accordance with our daily needs.
Recipe Unihabit: the Greek bowl of quinoa.
1 cup of quinoa
1 + 2/2 cups of water
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2-3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 TBSP of fresh parsley
Wedges of Pita
Avocado cut or chopped
Wedges of lemon
WHERE DO I BEGIN? STEP BY STEP…
- First, scoure the quinoa using a mesh filter or tamís.
- Take a medium pot over medium heat and add the quinoa, until lightly toasted to remove any excess water. Stir it while it is roasting for a few minutes. This step is optional.
- Then add water, cover the pot and let it boil over high heat.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covering it with the lid lightly, for about 12-13 minutes or until the quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut and prepare the remaining ingredients and cook the ingredients that you will add.
- Take the quinoa, now fluffy, from the pot and stir it slightly with a fork.
- For a fresh salad, you can put the quinoa in a fridge for a few minutes and get a bowl of quinoa at room temperature. Totally to your liking!
- To make the super simple vinaigrette, you just have to beat the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Nothing complicated! Pour the bowl of quinoa and remove it with a couple of forks or salad servers and go!
- Add salt and extra pepper to taste, if you wish. While the quinoa is cooking, cut and prepare the remaining ingredients and cook the ingredients that you will add.
Take the quinoa, now fluffy, from the pot and stir it slightly with a fork.For a fresh salad, you can put the quinoa in a fridge for a few minutes and get a bowl of quinoa at room temperature. Totally to your liking!
NOTE: this salad can be prepared to enjoy meals during the week or as an additional dish for dinner. As it is written, the Recipe Unihabit, gives for two entrees of Quinoa starters and four side dishes. Do not hesitate to duplicate the recipe if you are feeding a crowd.
IT SEEMS RECURRENT BUT, A HEALTHY FOOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BORED OR BITTER; IT HELPS YOU TO OBTAIN THE OBJECTIVES WITH A MINIMUM OF EFFORT. DO NOT FORGET IT!