In the Unihabit university residences you have the opportunity to cook whatever you want for your friends, you can invite your classmates for a meal or even surprise a special someone.
For this reason we suggest this fingir-licking recipe: sweet and savoury crepes, with chocolate, cream, ham and cheese… The Student residence kitchens of Unihabit will be an ideal space for creating everything you desire.
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 2 eggs
- 230ml of milk
- 100g of flour
- A teaspoon of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Butter or oil for cooking
Toppings for sweet and savoury crepes:
- Chocolate spread or pieces of chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Vainilla powder
- Smoked salmon
- Goats cheese
Time needed: one hour.
- Put the flour in a large recipient.
- Add the beaten eggs, then, little by little add the milk, while stirring constantly. Finally, add the sugar and salt. Beat everything until all is well mixed and there are no more lumps! It has to be a fine mass.
- Let the mixture sit for half an hour in the fridge.
- Once the half hour is over, place a saucepan on the hob at a low temperature. Add a bit of oil or butter so the whole saucepan is lightly covered. This will stop the crepe mixture from getting stuck. We should do this with every new crepe.
- In continuation, we should add around a table spoon of the mixture to the saucepan (this would on the size of saucepan). The whole thing has to be covered by the mixture, to avoid it breaking up into little pieces.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling in the pan, it’s time to flip it. There are 2 ways of doing this:
- Have you ever seen a film or an advert where they flip the crepe with then saucepan? This usually Works 1 out of every 3 times, so… we would recommend choosing the second option if you are not entirely convinced about your crepe-flipping-talent!
- Flip the crepe safely: with a spatula flip the mass over, making sure it does not break up.
Once the mixture is about ready you should add the toppings, whatever most takes your fancy: chocolate (that will melt down and be delicious), ham and cheese, smoked salmon and goats cheese… Get creative!
Remember that all Unihabit’s university residences have great kitchens for cooking in, with all the room you may neeed!
Follow this recipe and make your friends lick their fingers with delight!